Other Content Requirements:
- Poet’s background
- Poet’s other works
- Description of the poem type (at least covering
general form and content)
- Identification of poetic elements -- imagery
(simile,metaphor,personification, etc.); sound devices (rhyme,
rhythm, alliteration, etc.); and any others from your class handout.
- Analysis of how the poet's use of images
and poetic techniques reveals and develops the theme of the poem
Oral / Visual / Multimedia Requirements:
- Reading (or even performance) of the poem
- Visual representation for teaching (overhead
transparencies, web page, PowerPoint show, posters, etc.
- Handout with poetic elements identified and
- Bibliography with three text references and
To download a sample
PowerPoint presentation or see a sample
on “Love Is Not All” by Edna St. Vincent Millay.
This may take some time to load because of graphics. Please be